Fear is not from God; it's from the devil. It is an enemy of faith and will stop the power of God from working in your life. Fear will make you question and ask things such as, "Will I make it?" Faith doesn't question. It has complete confidence and trust in God.
The devil will often try to put thoughts in your mind when you're alone. But you can resist him by not allowing yourself to think about things that are contrary to the Word of God. You can replace fearful thoughts with God's truth and experience a peace that passes all understanding (Phil. 4:7).
Start meditating on and speaking the following scriptures every day to overcome fear.
- Isaiah 41:10 (AMP)—Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)—For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
- 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP)—Casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully].
- Philippians 4:6-8 (NIV)—Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
- Mark 5:36 (TPT)—But Jesus refused to listen to what they were told and said to the Jewish official, "Don't yield to fear. All you need to do is to keep on believing."
- John 14:27 (AMPC)—Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]
- Psalm 34:4 (NLT)—I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.
- Psalm 56:3 (TPT)—But in the day that I'm afraid, I lay all my fears before you and trust in you with all my heart.
- Psalm 112:7 (AMP)—He will not fear bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting [confidently relying on and believing] in the Lord.
- Psalm 91 (NLT)—Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.
If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation."
Share this Post